Do you have a message you’d like to share within a specific locale, especially on a budget? Enter the custom yard sign, a great way to raise awareness for your cause, support local businesses, and save a few bucks all at once! From graduation parties to political campaigns, there are many reasons to consider adding a custom yard sign to your next big event. In this article, we cover several Frequently Asked Questions about yard signs as well as different reasons people use yard signs to spread their message.
Yard Sign FAQs
When it comes to springing for custom signage for your yard or event space, there are several things to consider about the process. Here are some of the most common Frequently Asked Questions about yard signs:
1. How do yard signs work? If you have access to a computer, the process couldn’t be simpler! Simply upload your image or document that you would like represented on the sign, select the appropriate size and whether or not you’d like to add stakes for your sign, and select from double or single-sided options. Customers can opt for flat rate delivery or local pickup. From there, simply apply the stakes to your sign and place them in the desired place in your yard!
2. What are yard signs made of? While this answer depends on where you source your yard signs and what your budget is, most yard signs are either made of strips of plastic or corrugated plastic. (They used to be made from cardboard, but this is rarely the case today.) When given the option, it’s generally best to select the metal stakes over plastic ones, as they are more durable and easier to use—and always make sure you purchase yard signs with UV and fade-resistant ink!
3. Are custom yard signs worth it? Especially if you’re just looking for a sign or two for the front lawn of your open house or business, it’s hard to beat the awareness raised for the price of a custom yard sign. An increase in foot traffic means an increase in business—so yes, custom yard signs are worth it! (If you’re looking for affordable custom yard sign printing, click here to get started.)
4. Can you recycle spent yard signs? Of course, this depends on the material of the yard sign and the abilities of your local recycling center. Most recycling operations take scrap metal (as from yard sign stakes), but if you’re unsure about the sign itself, it’s best to call your local recycling center before adding spent signs to your recycling bin. If all else fails, find a way to reuse the sign or share it with someone who could use it!
Top Reasons People Use Yard Signs
There are many reasons why people opt for yard signs to spread their message. Here are some of the top reasons why people use yard signs:
· Open houses/real estate functions
· High school senior or other announcements
· Wedding proposals
· Yard sales or estate sales
· Birthdays, baby showers, graduations, or other parties
· Holiday greetings
· Welcome home yard signs
· Advertising for personal or local business
· Political awareness
· Security purposes
While this list is by no means complete, it demonstrates the wide range of reasons why people select yard signs to raise awareness for a cause, prevent crime, and celebrate! If you belong to an HOA, always check with the board before using a yard sign. For more information on your First Amendment rights as they intersect with your HOA, click here!
Where to Buy Affordable Yard Signs
Now that you know the wide array of reasons people use yard signs, you may be interested in looking for some of your own. Make sure your yard sign vendor can customize your message, provide weather-proof sign material, and offers metal stakes, like this one! Whether you’re opting to increase business, advertise for a cause, or celebrate, yard signs are an affordable way to raise awareness in your locale!
Are you interested in using yard signs for your next big event? Click the link to learn more!